1. Once rented, you are responsible for taking care of the item. You agree to treat each rental piece with care and respect. You will be held responsible for any loss, destruction or damage to the product beyond any regular wear and tear (small stains, rips, missing beads or buttons, broken zippers or any other minor damage covered by your $6 rental insurance). The Fitzroy reserves the right to determine whether damages exceed the regular wear and tear allowance.
2. Once you have made a booking you may switch to a different dress right up to your pick up or shipping date, pending item availability. If the dress you switch to is of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. If the dress you are switching to is of a lesser value you will be issued a credit note for the difference.
3. You may cancel your booking at any time up to the first day of your rental term and be issued a credit note which has no expiry, and may be used towards any future rental with The Fitzroy. All rental bookings are non-refundable.
4. Once you pick up or receive your item it is considered rented for the time period agreed upon. Unfortunately if you choose not to wear it we cannot refund / credit you for it.
5. Rentals are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis, and your payment secures your dress for you for your rental dates. As a courtesy to our customers, we make every effort to cross-check if dresses are going to the same event, however we cannot guarantee this. The Fitzroy reserves the right to refuse or cancel your order if we know that the dress has already been booked by another customer for the same event. If renting online, please tell us as much info as possible in the checkout notes about your event (date, venue, name of the event).
6. Your rental has been worn before and therefore may not be in as-new condition. All items are thoroughly cleaned and checked over before each rental, and our QA team do their best to rectify any issues, however some minor wear and tear on the garments remains beyond our control. As a sustainable company, we take pride in re-using these pieces and believe that any small imperfections represent the many magic moments this item has already experienced. We hope it will not impact your enjoyment of your rental, but note that The Fitzroy is not liable for minor wear and tear issues with the items.
7. Late returns are subject to a late fee of $20 per item per day, which are strictly enforced, no exceptions. We base our business around scheduling and late returns prevent us from getting the item ready for the next renter in time. Items being shipped back to us will only be subject to late fees if postmarked at a later date than agreed upon. You will not be charged any late fees due to carrier delays.
8. Please do not take the item to the dry cleaner. We handle the dry cleaning and it's included in the cost of the rental, so simply drop it back to us at our studio or mail it in the pre-paid Canada Post box provided when you're finished with it.
9. We require that you please keep all perfumes and tanning lotions away from the rentals, as these can be tenacious. If your dress is returned with perfume smells or spray tan stains, you will be charged for the extra time and effort it takes our team to remove these from the dresses. If you do decide to get a spray tan we ask this is done a minimum of 24 hours before you wear the dress, preferably 48 hours prior.
10. NO alterations are permitted on the items, including the use of temporary hem tape. Please do not alter the dresses. You will be liable for any seamstress fees to repair the alterations.
11. All zippers are tested by our QA team before leaving the studio to ensure they are in full working order. Any unlikely zipper malfunctions that may occur during your rental period are unfortunately beyond our control, and we cannot issue refunds due to zipper issues.
12. Non-returns will be regarded as theft and charged at the full retail value, in addition to any rental or late fees already paid. We reserve the right to pass on these charges to external collections agencies where necessary.
13. By placing a rental booking with us you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions contract. Please ask us if you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions. We can be reached during business hours at 416 901 6572 or via email at email@example.com