T H E F I N E P R I N T
You know how much we love playing dress-up and making magic with you guys, but we do need to take a minute here to go over the boring stuff / fine print / nitty gritty of our rental agreement contract in order to make sure the rental experience is a win-win for everyone involved. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns about the agreement, we are always happy to help!
1. Once rented, you are responsible for taking care of the item. You agree to treat each rental piece with care and respect. You will be held responsible for any loss, destruction or damage to the product beyond any regular wear and tear (small stains, rips, missing beads or buttons, broken zippers or any other minor damage covered by your $5 rental insurance). The Fitzroy reserves the right to determine whether damages exceed the regular wear and tear allowance. Should you choose not to purchase the $5 rental insurance you will be charged for any minor repairs needed upon return of the dress.
2. Once you have made a booking you may switch to a different dress right up to your pick up or shipping date. If the dress you switch to is of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. If the dress you are switching to is of a lesser value we do not refund the difference, as we have reserved your original dress or item for you and it has not been available for anyone else to book.
3. You may cancel your booking at any time up to the first day of your rental term, however to receive a full refund you must cancel your booking more than 21 days (3 weeks) prior to the first day of your rental term. For cancellations made within 21 days of the first day of your rental term you will receive a store credit for a future rental, which has no expiry date. Please note we cannot issue refunds within the 21 day period before your rental is set to begin, only store credit. All refunds are subject to a $5 re-stocking fee.
4. In order to process your refund you must come in to the store with your original payment receipt. If you reserved your dress via our online store and wish to cancel you do not need to come in, your refund will be processed via our website back to your original method of payment, as long as your booking is cancelled more than 21 days before your rental is set to begin. Credit notes will be issued via email, you do not need to come in. Please note that once your order has shipped we cannot refund any shipping and handling fees.
5. If you have placed your order online without having tried it on and it does not fit upon arrival, notify us immediately and we will do our best to get a replacement dress out to you in time for your event. If you do not wish to receive a replacement dress you may choose to receive a refund or store credit, as long as the dress is posted back to us within 24 hours. All shipping / courier fees are paid by the renter and are non-refundable. All refunds are subject to a $5 re-stocking fee.
6. Once you have cancelled your rental and obtained a store credit, a booking made with that credit note cannot then be cancelled for a refund. You may still switch to another dress, but any outstanding price difference will be charged.
7. If you have switched dresses and then cancel and obtain a credit note, your credit will be in the amount of the dress you are cancelling, not the original dress you had booked.
8. Once you pick up or receive your item it is considered rented for the time period agreed upon. Unfortunately if you choose not to wear it after you have picked it up we cannot refund / credit you for it.
9. Late returns are subject to a late fee charge of $20 per item per day and are strictly enforced, no exceptions. We base our business around scheduling and late returns prevent us from getting the item ready for the next renter in time. After 5 days you will be charged the full retail value of the item in addition to any applicable late fees.
10. Items being shipped back to us will only be subject to late fess if postmarked at a later date than agreed upon. You will not be charged any late fees due to carrier delays.
11. Please do not take the item to the dry cleaner. We handle the dry cleaning and it's included in the cost of the rental, so simply drop it back to us when you're finished with it.
12. Other than temporary hem tape, no alterations are permitted on the dresses. Please do not alter the dresses. You will be liable for any seamstress fees to repair the alterations. We have already altered the length on many of our XS gowns to fit a petite frame. If you are 5"3 or under we do have long gowns that can work for you - just ask!
13. Any items returned stained or damaged beyond repair will be charged at full retail value, in addition to any rental fees already paid. Rental insurance does not cover loss of the item or irreparable damages, as we will need to replace the item and / or refund any future bookings for the item.
14. By placing a rental order with us you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions contract. Please ask us if you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions. We can be reached during business hours at 416 901 6572 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org